Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Rest of the Story

Here is the rest of the story that comes after that last post. Tuesday night after I posted that, we started Bridger on antibiotics and by Wednesday afternoon, his fever was gone. He still had a bad cough and a runny rose, but at least he didn't have the fever with it. Cason also caught that cold or never got over his first cold so January we went through a lot of tissues and cough medicine, but we are on the mend now.

As for me after I posted that story, that night the pain came back. It only lasted about 20 min, but it got me thinking that maybe I hadn't pasted the kidney stones, but I felt ok the rest of the night and then Wednesday afternoon again the pain came back. So I called my doctor and they told me to come in and get an ultrasound. Good news- the baby was great (he even measured a week ahead) Bad news- I have two great big kidney stones in my Right kidney. But the good part is that they are so big that they probably wont move and cause any pain, that bad part is I might have to have Lithotripsy after I have the baby to break them up and get rid of them.

Well Later that night the pain came back and when I say pain I can honestly say it was worse then having a baby ( I will tell you for sure in a few more weeks)! I took 2 Lortab, which I had never taken narcotics before in my life, and I was still in tears, but thankfully sometime I must have past the smaller stone and haven't had more stones to pass since.
On Friday that week I ended up back at the doctor though with a bad kidney infection from all the urine getting backed up in my kidneys. But after a couple days of antibiotics I felt totally fine.

Since then we are doing just fine. I feel great, just very pregnant, and just have to meet with a Urologist after I have the baby to see if I have to have surgery to get the big stones out. I have just under 6 weeks until I'm due and I hope he comes a week early, but I'm not planning on it. I just hope we don't have any more surprises until he get here!

0 comments: