Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Off to a bad start!

I'm typing this for journaling proposes if you don't want to read it all this is the jist of it: The boys had Bronchiolitis all last week, I had a scare with the baby and ended up in the hospital, but it was just kidney stones that I had to pass yesterday, then back to the doctor today with Bridger for fever that wont go away! Ahhh- I hope this isn't a look at what this next year will bring.

Well 2011 is off to a bad start. We got back to St. George after New Years in Richfield which we had a blast, but both the boys were sick, so Monday we headed to the Doctor and they both had Bronchiolitis. After a long week of staying home and getting better we had a great weekend where I found a dinning set on Craig's list and my sweet husband let me get it.
So Saturday I got my table and Sunday was good, Monday morning (yesterday) my back hurt a little but i figured I'm just pregnant and probably slept funny. I didn't think much of it and we had play group at our house that morning at 10 so I got things ready for that. At 10 everybody started to show up to play group and at about 1020 all the sudden my back and right side started to kill.
I felt stupid because everyone was there for playgroup, but I just went and sat on the couch for a little while.The pain just didn't seem to be going away. It didn't really feel like a contraction, but with Cason he was posterior so all of his Labor was back labor. I thought maybe it was contractions in my back and figured they would go away. Well after about 20 minutes of the pain coming and going, I started to get scared and think maybe something was going on. Hayley one of our friends was so awesome and told me I better get to my doctors office. So I tried to get a hold of Paul, but couldn't get him because he was teaching his GIS class at the time, and called my Doctors office, but just left a message.
So at 1100 I left for my doctors office with everyone still at the house for play group. It seemed like such a long drive and I really hope when I'm in true labor that I'm not driving myself to the hospital again. By the time I got to the doctors office I knew something was wrong. I was so scared that I was going into labor. I am only 31 weeks so I was scared to death for the baby. I still hadn't gotten a hold of Paul either.
I wandered into the office and managed to mumble "I need to see Dr. Chalmers now!" and then it happened. I puked all over the front desk. I felt so bad, but my body was shacking so bad and it hurt so bad I couldn't even move. They immediately could see I was in trouble and got a wheel chair to wheel me over to the hospital.
They got me right into a room and I got in a gown and then they got the monitors on the baby. They got a strong heart beat on the baby right away which made me feel so much better and they could see I was having some contractions, and that my uterus was "very irritable" but no huge contractions! That made me feel better and at that time I was able to get hold of Paul who had a feeling he should go get his phone out of his truck. He made his way to the hospital and I started answering questions.
The pain was still there, but it had settled down a little bit. They did some tests and it showed I was not in labor, but probably had kidney stones. It sucks cause the test they normally due they cant due when your pregnant. But by the test they can due they pretty much ruled out everything else. By then the pain was almost gone, and I wanted to go home (this was after being there for 4 hours). The doctor reassured me that everything was ok with the baby which was all that I was really worried about. Then he told me that the pain was gonna come back and that he could addmit me to the hospital. I said no way let me go home, so with a script for some lortab I got to go home.
Well sure enough it didn't take long for the pain to come back, and when I say pain I want you to remember that I gave birth to Bridger with absolutely NO pain meds of any kind. I had heard people say that Kidney stones are worse then child birth and I don't know if I would say worse, but I would say pretty dang close. They are different types of pain, but they both hurt like hell! Anyway after a long evening and a few Lortab's I passed the kidney stone last night and feel great today I just hope I don't have any more in there.
The only problem is Bridger started a fever yesterday and had one all through the night so this morning I had to take him back to the doctor and he has to start antibiotics. I just hope this isn't a sign of how 2011 is going to go,but I am so thankful that everything is ok with the baby. I"m excited to see him, but I will be more then happy to wait another 8 weeks to see him! So now you can see why 2011 is off to a bad start!

4 comments:

Megan said...

oh becca i just want to cry for you! i am so sorry!!! i wish i was closer to come help you out. hopefully things will look up and hopefully you just got the worst out of the way.

Shan Reid said...

Sheesh... when is rains it pours. I hope your are all on the mend and feeling good again... well as good as can be expected when you are pregnant and uncomfortable... excited for you guys and the new little guy! Miss you.

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness I haven't blogged in a while! That is so scarey! Im glad everything turned out ok, well after you passed the stone and everything.. That is no fun. Good job on writing about it.. I totally had a picture painted for me. Man I miss hangin out with you guys. Paul should find a job this up here so you can come play in the snow with us. It doesn't even melt here... well this year anyway. Well I hope everyone stays healthy and happy... keep in touch!

Crescent said...

Oh my! That is a bad start to 2011!! But glad things are going better now and that the baby isn't going to be 8 weeks early! Crazy that you are having him so soon though!