Sunday, April 13, 2008

Great Little Helper

Our dear little sweetheart found a marker while I was packing some box's. Of course he went right to the wall and drew me an excellent picture. He was so proud of it that he came and got my hand and showed it to me! I of course couldnt be upset because I left the marker out. So I pulled out the scrub brush and he helped me scrub it off the walls.
He was so excited to help that when his dad got home he went and showed his dad how to scrub it off the wall too. Of course it was still there even through I tried all the cleaning supplies I had. The only thing I accomplished was scrubbing quite a bit of the paint off the wall.

He eventually saw how mom was frustrated and threw down the scrub brush when nothing was working to take it off, so he did the same. What a great little helper! Ok now I need some more advice- what takes red and green dry erase marker off of a white wall?

7 comments:

Travis and Lindsey said...

Have you tried the magic eraser? So many of the teachers at my school used them for all kinds of things, and swore by them. You'll have to try it and let me know! Good Luck!

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

I read somewhere that pure lemon extract works on removing stains from stuff the first time you try to clean it. I haven't tried it but that could be used for future reference?

Mandy said...

OK, yeah- The Magic Eraser will do it. Never fear. Buy them in bulk at Costco, bc the fun has just begun! Also GOO-Gone works well on things too!
How are things going with packing? Good luck...do you need any help?

Crescent said...

Perfect timing...right before you are going to be moving!! Sorry I don't have any advice on how to get it off the wall...I use bleach pen for everything (clothes, high chair, fridge, tub, etc.) but I'm not sure about painted walls!

The Damron's said...

Thanks for all the advice and the Magic Eraser worked wonders! It's not all the way gone, but you have to point it out to be noticed instead of being the first thing you see when you walk in the door.

The Damron's said...

Thanks for all the advice and the Magic Eraser worked wonders! It's not all the way gone, but you have to point it out to be noticed instead of being the first thing you see when you walk in the door.

MortFamily said...

Hey, this is Lara, your cousin. Marci sent me your blog address. Mine is: http://mortfam.blogspot.com/ . It was fun being able to catch up on you and Nicole from your blogs. You sure have a cute kid. I feel like I haven't talked to ANYONE in the family but grandma in forever. Do you have pictures of Jason's wedding? I want to see them if you do. I really wanted to be there but yeah, I live in Alaska. Well, keep up with the blog. It is fun to know what's going on with my cousins.