Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bridger Update

Happy Easter!
On Easter Sunday we are blessing Bridger in Paul's parents ward at 1:00 and everyone is invited. We are having a little luncheon at the Rotary Park at around 2:30 if anyone is wanting to come, but if the weather is bad we will do it at my parents house. We are doing great. Bridger is getting bigger all the time. He is even smiling at us now! We are headed up tomorrow to Primary Children's again to get his 3rd set of casts. Its been rough, but I know it will be worth it. He has casts that go from his toes all the way to his hips and every week we go back up and get new ones on. We will have to do this 4-6 times and then they will cut his Achilles tendon and put another set of casts on for 3 weeks. After that he will have to wear a brace all the time that has a bar that connects his two feet to hold them in the correct position for 3 months. then he will have to wear the brace at night for up to the next 3 years, so it is a long process, but he really shouldn't be behind in learning to crawl or walk so that is such an amazing blessing. As for Paul he hasn't found a GIS job, but he can start fire fighting for Zion Helitack in May after graduation, so that is good at least he will have a job, and I"m going back to work in May if everything is going ok. Anyway like I said its been alittle rough ,but things could be a lot worse! We have a beautiful little family, and I know that the lord knows and has a plan for us! I will post some more pictures soon.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Becca, Ty and I will be in Moab this weekend and Kim suggested we come to the blessing. We both have to be back at work Monday, so we don't want to leave Richfield too late. Maybe we can come by before church and say hi and just stay for the blessing. I'm not really sure what our plans are for Sunday, but I have your parent's number and we'll figure something out. Hope to see you soon!! P.S. Christen had to have cast and things when she was a baby, as I'm sure you remember. Hang in there. It will be great in the end!! Love Ty and Melissa Sleight

Travis and Lindsey said...

I am glad to hear that you have a plan to help little Bridger, even though is sounds like quite a process. You have a great attitute with everything that is going on, and are handling it so well. Your pictures are beautiful! Take care.