Monday, February 2, 2009

Laid-off

Ok so I know that the economy stinks right now, but I didn't think that it would effect us much in little Richfield. But we found out last week that Paul is getting laid-off along with about 10-15 other guys from his company. His last day is Feb 13th(1 month before I am due)! Could it have come at a worse time. Our insurance will cover up to 30 days after your last day of work so that means we have insurance until March 15th and I am due the 16th! We will be ok and I am sure everything will work out, but its just all a little crazy. I am trying to pick up as many extra shifts as I can before the baby comes and if we need to, my parents and Paul's parents said that we could move in with them which we truly appreciate. The last few days have been spent frantically trying to apply for any type of aid we can get so that it will have time to be processed before the baby gets here. Its crazy that so much can change in a week. On Monday we were looking over our house plans that were getting finished up so we could build this summer, and by Friday we were planning to move in with my parents. But like I said before I have faith that something good will come from this and I'm sure we will be ok. But please if any of you hear or know of any GIS jobs please let me know because Paul is looking. We would love to stay in Richfield, but that dosent look very promising (unless maybe McDonald's is hiring), so any job, anywhere would be nice right about now.
On a happier note. I am getting huge. I have 6 weeks left and we are really excited to get this baby here. Cason is doing great. We took him to the circus the other night and he got to ride an elephant which made his day. We took pictures and I promise to post them soon!

9 comments:

Kandace Smith said...

Oh Becca, We are sorry to hear about paul's job. The economy is so scary right now. Derek's job has been really slow too and they have cut hours since last november. It is starting to pick up a little more though. I hope everything gets better and paul can get a good job. We will shoot some prayers your way! You probably don't want to live in vegas and i am not sure what a GIS specialist is but I could look into if you would like. Wish you all the best and we can't wait to see the new little guy! Take care!

Shan Reid said...

I am so sorry you guys... we'll be keeping you in our prayers and keeping our ears open.

The Brindley's said...

It is scary that the economy is hurting everone right now. I am in the same situation as you. My hubby just got cut back to three day with a 15% paycut. He will probably be laid off soon. I am due 3 weeks after you. I am hoping that he can stay with his job for another month so our insurance will cover us. I hope everything works out for you..and you are right, something positive has to come from all of this.

Hope you dont mind, I stalk your blog, but havent left you a comment yet.

Mandy said...

I am so sorry. What a stressful time, esp with #2 coming soon! We will be thinking of you and praying for you. You know that Steve was laid off and we moved across the country. In spite of that, we have been so blessed. It seems like He has opened new doors for us and is teaching us things that we otherwise would not have learned.

The Sutherland Family said...

Oh man that's stressful! I hope he is able to find a new job and that everything works out, I'm sure it will. Take care!
Ash

tlyon said...

Hi Becca,
I'm sorry to hear about Paul's job. The economy sure has taken affect here in Cedar. Can't wait to see pic of this new little one in March. Love ya!

Crescent said...

I am so sorry! That is so hard to be dealing with right now, especially being where you are in your pregnancy! I know that something will work out though...my older sister and her husband were in a very similar situation and then when things finally started falling into place, we all realized why they had to go through that hard time and that it really did work out for the best for them!

Hooper's said...

We are sorry to hear about Paul's Job. Everything is looking scary right now, but have faith and it will all work out. We love you guys and if you need anything let us know.

Autum said...

So sorry to hear about that! But I know that Paul is a great guy and he'll make sure you pull through this. It's great that you have your parents there for you. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.